Sunday 27 October 2013

becoming Italian

The other day, hubby told me that I am becoming too Italian.

Yeah, I know. What's that all about!

But to give some context, I was railing about the fact that I have so many colleagues who are presumptuous, demanding, arrogant, selfish, and many mask it under a veneer of do-gooding. I am tired of pretending they all have a point, that all their comments are worthy of a respectful reply, and in general just tired of dealing with the same ol' BS.

And that's when he said it, that I was becoming Italian and my tolerance for their excess individualism and subsequent incessant demands was running low.

I am slightly appalled at this, that my embracing Italian culture must somehow lead to a rejection or disdain of American culture. And by American, I mean my own.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment